Dog Friendly Summer Activities in Seattle
It’s summer! Now we are spending more time outdoors enjoying the warm, sunny weather and we Seattleites especially value our summer months when we can expect consistent days of warmth and sun. With kids out of school, planning activities to keep them busy is important. However, it’s also important to include your canine companions as much as you can when it comes to planning fun, summer activities. To make this a bit easier, we’ve come up with a list of dog-friendly activities you and your family can enjoy this summer in and around Seattle.
DOG FRIENDLY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Outdoor Movies: Outdoor movies have become a fun tradition in the Seattle area. Think of them like modern-day Drive-ins except you’re not in your car and your dogs are welcome. (They’re likely welcome at Drive-ins too) What better way to enjoy the warm summer nights than watching a movie outdoors. There are four parks in the Seattle area that host outdoor movies in the summer; they are: Magnuson Park, Fremont, Bellevue and Click each respective link for listings, dates and showtimes.
- Off-leash Dog Parks: There are a number of off-leash dog parks in the greater Seattle area. In fact, we shared a post about this on our blog site not too long ago, so if you’d like to refresh your memory on which off-leash dog parks are closest to you, click here.
- Go For a Ride: Did you know that well-behaved dogs are welcome on city buses? It’s true! So if you depend on public transit for your transportation, know that your dog is welcome on the bus with you if you’d like to take your canine companion along.
- Outdoor Shopping: University Village is an outdoor shopping mall in the U District that is dog-friendly. Most shops in this mall are pet friendly and you’ll find many restaurants offering outdoor patio dining where your well-behaved dog will be welcomed.
- Water Sports: One of the great things about living in the Seattle area, especially in the summer, is the wonderful lakes. These also offer a great place to spend some summer afternoons enjoying the water with the kids and your dog. There are many area lakes where paddle boarding is a favorite activity and Greenlake offers dog friendly kayak, canoe and paddle board rentals during the summer.
Another great resource to use when planning your dog-friendly summer activities is Bring Fido.com. This site offers a number of links to area parks, trails and other fun activities you can enjoy this summer. If you plan to take your pet with you when you travel, be sure and check ahead of time if the hotel where you plan to stay is a pet-friendly hotel. However, if you are unable to take your pet when you travel, he is always welcome here at Hillrose Pet Resort. We offer a warm and welcoming environment and wonderful boarding facilities for your pet.