Winter in Seattle may make you want to stay home and binge-watch a show or shop online. But it’s also the perfect time to take your dog on day trips around the city. So, we came up with some fun day trips for you to enjoy with your dog this winter.
- Bring your dog to a brewery or two - Several breweries in Seattle allow you to bring your dog inside. So, enjoy a pint or two with your pup in tow.
- Explore Deception Pass State Park - Located just an hour outside of Seattle, Deception Pass is a great place to explore with your dog. One of the best hikes is the Rosario Head Trail to Lighthouse Point. This path leads to some of the most stunning views. Make sure to keep your pup on a leash while visiting the park.
- Hike Dog Mountain Trail - This trail is located in the Columbia River Gorge. It is a tradition to bring your dog along on this rewarding hike. Make sure to bring plenty of water and food for both of you to keep fueled for the journey.
- Visit an off-leash dog park - Taking your dog to an off-leash dog park is an excellent way for them to get their energy out. Some of the local favorites include Warren G Magnuson Park and Golden Gardens. Greenlake Park also has a large off-leash area with levels and drinking water access.
- Experience the Ruff Lounge - The House of Ruff is an indoor social club for dogs and their owners. This is perfect for dogs who don’t like to be cold. They have a large climate-controlled indoor park where your dog can run and play with other dogs while you relax with a drink. Make sure to check any membership or behavior assessment requirements.